Table of Contents
- Faroe Islands itinerary planning tips
- Complete Faroe Islands itinerary
- Day 1: Vágar Island.
- Day 2: Mykines and Torshvan
- Day 3: Streymoy and Eysturoy
- Day 4: Bordoy and Kalsoy
- Day 5: Suðuroy
- Other things to do in Faroe Islands
- Did you Like the Article? PIN IT!
Only have a few days and want to know the most practical Faroe Islands itinerary?
After exploring the Faroe Islands by car, getting to the most stunning places on the island, we are going to share the best tips to move around. You will learn the most efficient 3-days and 5-days Faroe Islands itinerary so you don’t lose any time and can go straight to the highlights.
You’ll also find where to stay in the Faroe Islands and some more useful tips.
Let’s dive right in!
Planning the perfect Faroe Islands itinerary is absolutely important.
You don’t want to miss out on any important places to visit or highlights.
That’s why we won’t only give you a complete itinerary, but also some tips to make the most of your time while you are in the islands.
How to get to the Faroe Islands.
Since the Faroe Islands are remote islands located at the north of the UK, the easiest way to get there is by flight. Alternatively, you can also get to the Faroe Islands by ferry.
- Flight. Most of the flights to the Faroe Islands stop by Copenhagen before. But more routes are being opened and direct flights are now available from different locations especially during high season.
The airlines which will take you to the Faroe Islands are Atlantic Airways and Scandinavian Airlines.
- Ferry. There are direct Ferrys to the Faroe Islands from Iceland and Denmark. It is a great option if you have the time, although bear in mind the journey from Denmark can take up to 36 hours.
For more information about ferries and schedules, you can check Smyril Line website.