Table of Contents
- Things to do in Navarre
- Take a scenic route in the unique landscape of Bardenas Reales
- Venture yourself in one of biggest beech forest in Europe
- Discover the idyllic Source of the River Urederra
- Visit a romanesque chapel at the top of the mountain
- Experience the taste of Navarre from its gastronomy
- Admire the mesmerising beauty of the autumn landscapes
- Take part in one of the greatest celebrations in Spain, San Fermines
- Enjoy one of the best views from a gorge
- Have fun in winter walking on snow with the snowshoes
- Visit a fairytale castle in Olite
- Stroll around some charming villages
- Where to stay in Navarre
- Do you need help preparing your trip to Navarre?
- Did you Like the Article? PIN IT!
Navarre is a hidden paradise for outdoor lovers due to its 10000 square kilometers of privileged and protected natural landscapes.
Thanks to its location, Navarre offers different types of ecosystems where you can practice different activities accordingly, from the desert landscape in Bardenas Reales, to the winter landscapes in the peaks of the Pyrenees.
In this post, we will show the best-hidden places to enjoy Navarre outdoors including best activities to do, where to delight yourself with local gastronomy and the best accommodation to enjoy your stay in Navarre.
If you like adventures and outdoors activities, Hotel Besaro is a great place where to stay in Navarre. A beautiful rural hotel located in the heart of the Irati forest, in Izalzu, only a few km away from Ochagavia.
It was our choice and the attention received could not be better. You will be provided with all the information and tips you need to make the most of your trip here, with recommended activities, places to visit, where to eat and other local activities.
Rooms in hotel Besaro are cozy and fully equipped to make you feel like home. They also provide you with toiletries and fresh towels. Some rooms also feature beautiful views.
Another thing that we also loved about our stay was, the living room with a fireplace where you can sit and relax after a long day outdoors. Here you can also enjoy some drinks, read one of their library books or enjoy playing some of their board games, all by the coziness of the fireplace.
Lastly, we need to mention their delicious continental breakfast buffet. Based on a wide offer of fresh local products, with a very tasteful coffee and fresh orange juice. The best way to start the day with energy.
You can book here your accommodation in Hotel Besaro
If you prefer to stay somewhere else, you can also check the different options in the map below.
If you need more help to plan your trip to Navarre, check the following websites:
- Rentalcar. Renting a car is probably one of the best ways to visit Navarre, as there are places that require transport to get there and roads are in perfect state. Also there some scenic roads where driving in a pleasure.
- Turismo Navarra. To discover more places to visit in Navarre, travel tips, accommodation and maps, check the official website of Navarra Tourism.
- Spain’s Official Tourism Website The official website of Spain where you can check more information about events, things to do and other important information related to your trip.
- The best travel insurance. Whenever you travel somewhere and you plan on doing some outdoors activities, having a travel insurance is a must. If you want to learn more about why you need travel insurance and our favourite option, check this post.
Essential Travel Items
In conclusion, Navarre is the perfect destination for nature lovers, for the diversity of activities to do in such a well preserve environment. Not only the attractrive lies behind the lush nature of Navarre but also, visiting Navarre means delving into its traditional fresh gastronomy with land products accompanied but some of the best wines in the country.
Navarre is a destination you cannot miss if you like outdoor activities.
Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.