Table of Contents
- Things to do in Vejer de la Frontera
- Wander around the old town
- Get Goosebumps at Flamenco Show
- Indulge yourself with an exquisite local tuna dish
- Treat yourself with a spa treatment
- Experience a postcard sunset
- Mingle with locals to try traditional tapas
- Head to one of the most beautiful beaches in the province
- Live a Unique Shopping Experience in Vejer
- Where to stay in Vejer de la Frontera
- Best Restaurants in Vejer de la Frontera
- Do you need help preparing your trip to Vejer de la Frontera?
- Did you Like the Article? PIN IT!
Vejer de la Frontera is, if not the most, one of the most beautiful towns in Spain.
This hidden gem emerges from a hilltop displaying a flamboyant beauty of emblematic white houses contrasting the stone old castle of Vejer. Apart from the unique allure of this hilltop town, Vejer also has a wide offer of unique experiences to make the visit, unforgettable.
In this post we will show how to make the most of your visit to this hidden gem in Spain by living unique experiences related to gastronomy, culture, nature and wellbeing.
If you want to discover the best kept secrets of Vejer de la Frontera, keep reading.
Things to do in Vejer de la Frontera
Best Restaurants in Vejer de la Frontera
There are a lot of restaurants in Vejer where you can enjoy a nice meal with local products. However, from our experience, we have listed the ones we think are the top restaurants in Vejer de la Frontera.
- El Jardin del Califa. Moroccan cuisine in the heart of Vejer de la Frontera. This restaurant is settled in an emblematic 16th century building, with a lush courtyard an a stylish indoor area. The menu in this restaurant will not dissapoint you and you cannot miss its delicious “pastela”.
- Las Delicias. This popular restaurant is one of our favourites in Vejer de la Frontera. It offers a pleasant atmosphere with modern decoration and softmusic in the background. Food is absolutely heaven here, starting from its tuna tartar, to squid croquetas, grilled beef sirloin, aubergines… Whatever you order here, you cannot go wrong.
- El Mercado de San Francisco. This food market offers a unique food experience that everyone should try in Vejer de la Frontera. There are different food stalls where you can choose from a wide sellecion of meats, shellfish, fried fish, sushi… and drinks. It is the perfect place to try some Spanish food at a very affordable price.
- Casa Varo. Casa Varo is another popular restaurant in Vejer de la Frontera that offers high quality produt and traditional Spanish cuisine. This restaurants is probably one of the best ones in Vejer to try Almadraba tuna and its retinto meats. 100% recommendable.
If you need more help to plan your trip to Vejer de Frontera, ceck the following websites:
- Rentalcar. If you need a car to explore the nearby places in Vejer such as idylic beaches, wineries, capital of Cadiz and other charming places in the province, we recommend you to rent a car.
- Cadiz turismo. To discover more places to visit in Cadiz, and travel tips during your trip, check the official website of Cadiz tourism.
- Andalucia Turismo. The official website of Andalucia where you can check events, things to do and other important information related to your trip.
You might want to read:
In conclusion, Vejer de la Frontera is one of the most beautiful hidden gems in the South of Spain and a place that you will not regret visiting.
Apart from being a magical hilltop town, there are unique and varied experiences that will leave you with unforgettable moments of your stay in the beautiful Vejer de la Frontera.
Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.